Deputy Head Gardener requred
An exciting opportunity has arisen on an 18 acre family estate in Worcestershire, for an experienced gardener within a small team. The role will suit a skilled and practical Deputy Head Gardener with at least 3 years experience and genuine love for their profession.
The gardens comprise of an expansive area of lawn, beds/borders, lakes, soft fruit cages, peach and Apricot house, greenhouse and large vegetable garden.
Reporting to the Owner and Estate manager the successful candidate will be responsible for two gardeners, assist in the maintenance of the gardens and grounds and conduct a range of horticulture and landscape maintenance operations. The position would suit a knowledgeable gardener with private estate gardening experience and a strong knowledge of a range of garden machinery including pedestrian, ride-on and ideally, tractor mounted mowers. The ideal candidate will hold a recognised horticultural qualification and spraying certificate.
Regular duties and those in which applicants must be proficient include the following:
- Horticultural maintenance of borders and lawns.
- Seasonal bulb planting.
- Assistance with greenhouse management and maintenance.
- Assisting with irrigation systems and maintenance.
- Being responsible for the safety of themselves and others in the workplace.
- Applying herbicides and pesticides.
- Water and weeding.
- Mowing and lawn care with use of a variety of equipment.
- Planting trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants with pruning and on going care.
- Hedge cutting and strimming.
Applications are sought from experienced gardeners with academic qualifications e.g NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, RHS Level 1,2 or 3, HND,OND City & Guilds. A valid driving licence is required.
This is a full time permanent role offering 40 hours per week per year with 20 days holiday per year and an employer pension contribution. Hours of work are 8 am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Location Upton Upon Severn