Job Title: Gardener
Responsible to: Head Gardener
Role: Full-time 40hrs per week, permanent
Salary From £19,500 DOE
THE DODDINGTON ESTATE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work at one of Lincolnshire’s finest gardens open to the public, Doddington Hall & Gardens. Doddington Hall is an Elizabethan country house set in a large estate. The gardens comprise 2 acres of Kitchen Garden and 5 acres of ornamental gardens open to the public, plus, about 11 acres of other grounds on the estate. The estate also has shops, cafes and holiday accommodation.
SKILLS & QUALITIES
We are looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic individual to join our team of gardeners. Ideally, we are looking for someone:
- with experience of working in a garden on a country estate
- who would be comfortable with taking on some of the responsibilities of planning and organising our ornamental gardens
- familiar with plant propagation
- comfortable pruning trees and shrubs, hedge clipping and topiary work
- with experience growing vegetables
We also work on other areas of the 7000-acre estate and the ideal candidate must be willing to work in other areas as and when needed. For instance, helping with the tree sales during Christmas.
- Good practical skills and experience in all aspects of gardening
- A team player
- Willing to work extra hours in busy seasonal periods
- Machinery sensitive
- Comfortable giving guided tours
- Level 2 in Horticulture/RHS
- PA1/PA6 spraying licence
- Level 3 in Horticulture/RHS
- Strimmer/Brushcutter ticket
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, there is no public transport link to Doddington, the successful candidate must have own transport or the ability to get here for each shift. Doddington is an easy 30-minute bike ride from Lincoln, largely off road. The role is a full-time permanent position and the hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-4.30pm however some weekend, evening and Bank Holiday working may be required occasionally.
Closing Date: Sunday 1 August 2021
If you think you have the skills and ambition then we’d love to hear from you. Please email Jordan Wallhead firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. If you have not received a reply by 15 August 2021, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We reserve the right to end the recruitment process early if we receive a high level of appropriate applications, therefore we suggest interested candidates apply early.
Doddington Hall & Gardens, Lincoln, LN6 4RU
You must sign in to apply for this position.