Estate Maintenance Worker
Estate Maintenance Worker required
Louma manages a 37.25 ha site comprising grassland, vineyards, woodlands, landscaped areas, agroforestry and silvopastures, kitchen & herb gardens and lakes using sustainable and regenerative practices. Our vision for the future is to create a working farm & wellness retreat where memories are made together, with loved ones. We will become a UK destination where like-minded individuals, couples and families return time and time again.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Estate Maintenance Worker to join an expanding team where you will work closely with the Estate Manager and Head Gardener to create and maintain a landscaped and well-maintained farm and retreat using sustainable regenerative practices and methods. You will be an integral part of the team striving to achieve the Company vision.
Working with, and directly reporting to the Estate Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of the farm and retreat’s landscaping and maintenance. The role can be physically demanding with the majority of the work taking place outdoors and will involve operating machinery and equipment. The duties will include maintaining all elements of the estate including landscaping, boundary management, basic woodland and water courses management and assisting with maintenance of the kitchen and herb gardens.
Duties will includes:
- General landscaping and ground works – tasks such as mowing lawns, building banks, pruning bushes and trees and edging walkways;
- Ensuring all walkways, roads and building entrances are tidy, clear and safe;
- Ensuring sufficient availability and maintenance of electricity and water supplies;
- Ensuring all buildings are maintained to a high standard;
- Equipment maintenance: maintaining a high level of servicing for all machinery and equipment;
- Maintenance of kitchen and herb garden (under supervision of the Head Gardener);
- Maintenance of woodland including weed control, planting and ground management;
- Management of water courses such as ditches, stream and lakes;
- Ensure all boundaries are secure and in good repair;
- General agricultural tasks such as weed control, hay making, groundwork and fencing;
- Stock take of general supplies;
- Support the Vineyard team as required;
- Generally support the Louma Retreat team as required.
To be successful in this Estate Maintenance Worker role you will need to demonstrate strong attention to detail, that you can work on your own initiative or as part of a team. You must be motivated, an excellent time keeper and have an ability to create and maintain good working relationships as well as:
- A willingness to perform all functions required to ensure that the farm & retreat operates effectively;
- A strong and proven work ethic;
- Practical and flexible;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, whether with the employer, the seasonal workforce or the public;
- Experience of working outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Some previous ground management experience;
- PA1 & PA6 spray certificate (desirable but not essential);
- Tractor driving skills (desirable but not essential);
- Chainsaw and brushcutter qualifications (desirable but not essential);
- Full eligibility to work in the UK;
- A valid UK driving licence;
- Good written and spoken English.
The employers are a family who are living out a lifelong passion to develop a farm and retreat business with a vineyard within it. There is an expanding team already in place and you will join as part of the founding team. This is an exciting time for the project. We are enthusiastic, hardworking, dynamic, creative and like to do things well and with integrity.
You will join a hardworking and motivated team who are supportive and collaborative, whilst at the same time focused on delivering their individual responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills as well as develop existing ones. This is an exciting time to be joining the business as you will have the opportunity to grow with us and have an input on how we operate.
Competitive salary package.
Company Pension Scheme membership.
Life Assurance cover
Closing Date 1 July 2022
This private advert is being managed directly by the employer. English Country Gardeners are not involved in the hiring process and are therefore unable to share any additional information on this role. If you have any questions regarding this position, the best course of action is to apply for the job which will open a line of communication with the employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.