Estate Florist required
The Daylesford Estate is situated in the North Cotswolds and extends to 2,330 acres.
The Estate is home to a number of different businesses operated in conjunction with a sister estate on the Staffordshire/Derbyshire borders. The principal house includes a large (c.40 acre) organic garden with formal and informal areas. St Peter’s Church, Daylesford is owned by a charitable Trust and its maintenance and upkeep is undertaken from the Estate Office. The Estate benefits from a portfolio of c.85 residential properties, some of which are operated as holiday lets and, in addition, there are 16 commercial units in Kingham. The Estate is home to the Daylesford Stud which is based at the stables and surrounding paddocks – there is also a Ridden Yard who work closely with the stud. The Estate has a maintenance team who look after all day-to-day maintenance requests, instructed through the Estate Office.
The Florist / Gardener role for the Daylesford Estate covers floristry and plants for the principal houses and the maintenance of a cut flower garden. When the owners are not in residence it is expected that the successful candidate will assist with general gardening duties.
- Flower arranging for the principal houses.
- Producing outdoor cut flowers in season.
- Foraging foliage and flowers from the wider estate & gardens for use in the houses.
- Selecting and dressing container plants, grown by the garden team, for the house.
- Producing planted containers, using plants from the glass houses to display in the houses.
- Watering & maintenance of flowers & plants in the houses.
- Ordering and conditioning of bought in flowers when needed.
- Maintaining a clean & tidy floristry room and vase / basket / container store.
- Liaising with the house staff to plan floristry requirements.
- Assistant Head Gardener
- The Head Gardener
- The Estate Manager
- The Owners
- Some formal horticultural training or relevant experience is necessary.
- Experience and a flair for country house flowers.
- Excellent sense of colour and seasonality.
- Full driving licence.
- Wide, but general plant & flower knowledge.
- Meticulous eye for detail and a ‘hands-on/can do’ attitude.
- A deep love of the countryside and a love of rural life.
- Full time role.
- Excellent salary depending upon experience.
Plus: additional benefits – to include:
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care/Life Assurance
- 29 days holiday (including public holidays)
This private advert is being managed directly by the employer. English Country Gardeners are not involved in the hiring process and are therefore unable to share any additional information on this role. If you have any questions regarding this position, the best course of action is to apply for the job which will open a line of communication with the employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.