We have a Senior Gardener role in our friendly and fun team for a, green-fingered, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with creative flair and a passion in gardening. You will be a passionate and a qualified horticulturalist with good plant knowledge and maintenance driven works. Previous experience of supervising teams and managing budgets would be advantageous. The successful applicant will help ensure our award-winning gardens across Belgravia and Mayfair are maintained to a very high standard. The team are based within 5 mins of Victoria train station in London, and you will be provided full uniform and receive great benefits and opportunities for personal development.
- To provide horticultural knowledge and guidance to the team of Gardeners.
- To undertake all horticultural duties to ensure that the gardens are maintained and developed to a high standard.
- Ability to supervise, motivate and manage a team of gardeners in amenity maintenance,
- Provide occasional guided walks, horticultural advice to all stakeholders including Grosvenor staff, charities, and students.
- To ensure all Gardeners are appropriately trained and carry out all duties in line with the Health & Safety Policy.
- Assist in the design and implementation of landscaping schemes for existing gardens and proposed projects.
- Ensure that all hazardous substances are treated in the correct manner and the use of chemicals on the estate complies with all Risk Assessments and is recorded.
- Where necessary and appropriate, to instruct, co-ordinate and control external contractors
- To ensure that all changes in legislation, new codes of practice, new official guidance and new working practices are communicated to your team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll love working outdoors with a passionate and friendly team, be a great leader with motivation and understand that our open spaces are as significant as our properties. We are looking for good practical horticulture experience, you’ll have an NVQ3 in Amenity Horticulture (or equivalent) coupled with a good knowledge of plants and maintenance gardening. PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates are desirable. Applicants should possess a full UK driving licence and be up to date with current health and safety legislation. As part of this role, you’ll be required to work limited weekends as part of a garden-team rota. This role offers great benefits and the opportunity to personally develop.
Grosvenor Property UK (GPUK) is one of the oldest and greenest property businesses in the UK. It’s in the process of becoming the first carbon neutral property company and has an industry leading strategy in place to tackle the climate crisis through its places and people, including launching a £90m retrofit programme for heritage buildings and creating an urban biodiversity garden in Grosvenor Square. GPUK owns and develops an exceptional range of properties and green spaces across 300 acres of Mayfair and Belgravia.
To apply please follow this link https://grosvenor.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External_careers_site_Grosvenor
This private advert is being managed directly by the employer. English Country Gardeners are not involved in the hiring process and are therefore unable to share any additional information on this role. If you have any questions regarding this position, the best course of action is to apply for the job which will open a line of communication with the employer.