Senior Gardener required
Our client set up their business 5 years ago and it has rapidly grown with the help of a fantastic team who all bring individual specialties to the company. This job role offers the opportunity to be a part of an exciting company which continues to grow and lead the way in estate and garden management.
The business strives for excellence in everything that they do. They work with high-net-worth individuals who own beautiful large properties, estates and gardens, and as a team, they maintain these proprieties to the highest of standards. Loyalty, reliability and having a professional and proactive approach are absolutely essential skills required to join the team.
The Senior Gardener will have good communication and customer service skills, a positive attitude, self-motivated and with high attention to detail. It is important that they are reliable, punctual and well-presented.
Skills Essential to the Role:
- A current full UK clean driving license for a manual vehicle.
- Significant practical experience (2 years or more) in horticulture, supported by appropriate horticultural qualifications
- Good knowledge of plant husbandry and horticultural
- Some knowledge of the conservation of historic landscapes
- Experience of leading and participating in garden activities and events.
- Supervisory skills, able to manage other members of the team
- Ability to understand the approach needed to reward, recognise and motivate colleagues.
- Some knowledge of budgets and finance.
- Competence with machinery/equipment use and maintenance including tractors, trailers, chippers, chainsaws and pedestrian mowers with accreditation as required for Health and Safety compliance
- Knowledge of Health and Safety & Compliance requirements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- To ensure that the mechanical condition and security of vehicles and machinery used in operations is maintained in a safe and secure manner and that any defects, damage or breakdowns are reported promptly
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and decisive manner
- Ability to communicate in a clear and polite manner with colleagues, clients and members of the public.
- To work outdoors at all times of the year in all weather conditions
- To understand work requirements and work to deadlines.
Other preferable skills are UK drivers’ license with BE entitlement (trailer) and first aid certification.
Where the employee is qualified to drive company vehicles and tow company trailers, he/she may be required to carry out the following additional duties:
- To drive any Company vehicle in accordance with the relevant legal requirements and Company procedures.
- To clean vehicles and plant assigned to you and keep the vehicle in a tidy condition.
- To ensure vehicles and plant are prepared ready for out of hours emergencies.
- To perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles, as necessary.
- Ability to undertake basic vehicle checks and to identify maintenance needs.
This exciting opportunity comes with an attractive salary, discretionary end of year bonus, 25 days paid holiday a year, Government pension scheme, All PPE, equipment and workwear provided, continuous professional development (CPD) and overtime prospects.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA) to protect the client’s privacy.
SALARY: Up to £35,000 depending on experience
LOCATION: East Sussex
JOB No: EC61574
If this Senior Gardener vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 733510 or email@example.com.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Senior Gardener vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Senior Gardener vacancy will have been unsuccessful.
You must sign in to apply for this position.