General Maintenance Gardener
General Maintenance Gardener required
Based in central London, we are a well established, prize-winning, garden maintenance company established over 20 years ago. We maintain 20 gardens, contemporary gardens, garden squares, roof and water gardens. Currently recruiting a part time, 2 day per week maintenance gardener to join dynamic team in central London.
Salary £22,000-£23,000 pro rata neg
This exciting hands on role, where you will work within a team of 8, offers the opportunity to work on some top end gardens. You will need a love of and enthusiasm for plants and gardens. A good knowledge of horticulture and experience within the industry is required; a desire to learn and develop is vital. You will need to be good at communicating and enjoy being part of a close knit team, whilst being able to show initiative.
- Weeding and seasonal pruning and planting.
- Hedge cutting.
- Lawn mowing and border edging.
- Irrigation installation and repair.
- Planting of annuals, perennials, bulbs & shrubs.
- Ensure all tools, materials and plants are taken to site when required.
- Assist in day-today maintenance of sheds
- Ensure that the vans are kept clean and tidy with a full set of tools. Reporting any problems immediately.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Be punctual.
- Look tidy.
- Reliable & flexible
- Good plant knowledge & care
- Experience of high end private or public garden
- Good horticultural knowledge.
- To be highly organized and efficient time management.
- A desire to develop and learn.
- A clean drivers license useful but not essential
- PA1 PA6 certificates useful but not essential
Hours of work: Hours 8am-4.30pm with 1 hour off during the day.
Holiday: 20 days paid holiday per annum plus bank holidays
This private advert is being managed directly by the employer. English Country Gardeners are not involved in the hiring process and are therefore unable to share any additional information on this role. If you have any questions regarding this position, the best course of action is to apply for the job which will open a line of communication with the employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.