The Royal Gardens at Sandringham are looking to recruit a Gardener with a thorough understanding of horticultural principles who can work as part of an enthusiastic and established team on a number of exciting projects being undertaken within the Sandringham Estate.
Set in the beautiful Norfolk countryside, just minutes from the North Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the gardens are nestled within the grounds and parkland of the 20,000 acre Sandringham Estate.
With a minimum two years’ relevant experience and a broad knowledge of plants, the successful candidate will have an excellent eye for detail and take pride in delivering high horticultural standards. Experience in operating and maintaining horticultural machinery is desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to develop their horticultural career in a prestigious and historic Garden.
To work as part of a skilled team maintaining and developing the historic and prestigious gardens on the Sandringham Estate.
Key tasks and main responsibilities:
- To care for, develop and maintain a diverse range of plants, trees and shrubs.
- To work as part of an enthusiastic team to deliver projects and improvements.
- To have a good understanding of horticultural presentation standards and how to maintain them year-round.
- To assist in the preparation for special events and ensure the gardens are presented to the highest standard.
- To have the ability to work as one team and collaborate with other departments.
- To adhere to all Sandringham Estate Health and Safety policies and safe working practices.
- To work alongside, and lead, groups of garden volunteers.
- To use and maintain garden machinery and powered hand tools.
- To carry out any ad-Hoc duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Present themselves well to colleagues, visitors and guests.
- Have an interest in, and understanding of, horticultural principles.
- Have a positive attitude to safe working practices.
- Be expected to grow their knowledge base, skill set and develop any other areas as identified in the annual PDR meetings.
- Work towards the department’s annual objectives alongside team members.
- Have a good understanding of basic IT systems.
- Hold a full, clean driving licence.
The post holder will work closely with the wider organisation, and as such may be required to complete tasks with other teams on occasion, to maintain and develop the Estate here at Sandringham.
Reporting To: Head Gardener
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week: Monday to Friday
Salary: Competitive salary plus generous pension and benefits package
Holiday: 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
This private advert is being managed directly by the employer. English Country Gardeners are not involved in the hiring process and are therefore unable to share any additional information on this role. If you have any questions regarding this position, the best course of action is to apply for the job which will open a line of communication with the employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.