We work in a tranquil, high end residential estate in London’s West End with a rich and varied architectural and cultural history. We are a well established, prize-winning, garden maintenance company established over 20 years ago. We maintain a range of beautiful, varied, award winning private residential gardens and traditional London squares including communal gardens, roof and water gardens as well as greenhouses. We are currently recruiting maintenance gardeners to join our dynamic team.
This exciting hands on role, where you will work closely within a team of 8, offers the opportunity to work on some top end gardens. You will need a love of and enthusiasm for plants and gardens. A good knowledge of horticulture and experience within the industry is required; a desire to learn and develop is vital. We work to high standards, managing pests and diseases within an integrated, wildlife focused, largely chemical free system. You will need to be good at communicating and enjoy being part of a close knit team, whilst being able to show initiative.
- Weeding and seasonal pruning and planting.
- Hedge cutting.
- Lawn mowing and border edging.
- Irrigation installation and repair.
- Planting of annuals and bulbs.
- Ensure all tools, materials and plants are taken to site when required.
- Assist in day-today maintenance of sheds
- Ensure that the vans are kept clean and tidy with a full set of tools. Reporting any problems immediately.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Be punctual.
- Look tidy.
- Wear the correct clothing.
- Be reliable & flexible
- Good/excellent plant knowledge & care
- Experience of high end private or public gardens
- Good/excellent horticultural knowledge.
- To be highly organized and work efficiently.
- A desire to develop and learn.
Hours of work: Hours 8am-4.30pm with 1 hour off during the day.
Holiday: 20 days paid holiday per annum plus bank holidays.
This private advert is being managed directly by the employer. English Country Gardeners are not involved in the hiring process and are therefore unable to share any additional information on this role. If you have any questions regarding this position, the best course of action is to apply for the job which will open a line of communication with the employer.
For more gardener roles please click here
You must sign in to apply for this position.