We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Gardener to support the Head Gardeners and Garden team in the day to day running of the Walled Garden at Badminton House, home to the Duke and Duchess of Beaufort.
The role will involve daily maintenance of the one acre Walled Garden – where fruit, vegetables and flowers are grown for the House, and looking after the herbaceous borders, shrubs, fruit trees and lawns within the Walled Garden.
The role would suit someone with a strong work ethic and organisational skills coupled with a passion for plants. The successful candidate will receive weekly instructions from the Head Gardeners and will have to work independently at times, as well as having the ability to work well within a team.
Regular tasks will include:
- growing and harvesting vegetables, flowers and fruit for the House.
- weeding, raking, pruning, strimming, tidying the flower beds and all other areas.
- maintaining the greenhouse and the plants, flowers, fruit and vegetables within it.
- liaising with other members of staff and contractors re mowing and hedge trimming.
- liaising with House staff regarding the fruit, vegetables and flowers supplied from the Walled Garden.
- working towards and attending the Garden Openings as well as additional garden tours/garden based events.
- additional gardening tasks in the gardens as and when by the Head Gardeners or the Duke and Duchess.
- minimum three years experience working in horticulture
- RHS level 2 or equivalent
- solid plant knowledge
This private advert is being managed directly by the employer. English Country Gardeners are not involved in the hiring process and are therefore unable to share any additional information on this role. If you have any questions regarding this position, the best course of action is to apply for the job which will open a line of communication with the employer.
For more gardener roles please click here