A rare opportunity for an experienced Handyman/woman or skilled Estate Worker has arisen on a beautiful private property in Shropshire. This role will suit a very well-rounded and practically minded person with experience in ensuring the smooth running of large private estates.
The property is large and diverse and is situated within surrounding farmland which is owned and managed by the estate. The gardens are looked after by professional horticulturists, though some basic maintenance may be required of the successful candidate. Applications from those with experience of driving tractors and in the operation of heavy machinery are welcome, though these aspects can be taught if candidates are skilled in other valuable areas.
The role will predominantly involve the following:
- General maintenance to include painting and decorating. A basic understanding of plumbing, carpentry skills, fencing and a good practical understanding of property upkeep is required.
- Tractor driving on a busy arable farm especially at harvest time with long hours to be expected. Experience not essential but must have a practical attitude towards learning and be able to learn and work with associated software.
- PA1 & PA2 and/or spraying experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Assisting with airport runs, driving and chauffeuring for the owners.
- Looking after private vehicles
- The possibility of assisting the Gardeners and Gamekeepers during busier periods.
- Some woodland maintenance may be required – the ability to use a chainsaw would be an advantage.
- Looking after a small number of chickens and ducks.
- Some weekend work would be required during busy times.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities
- Be able to show competency in painting and decorating, carpentry, plumbing and other basic general estate maintenance skills.
- An agricultural background would be beneficial but not essential.
- A practical ability with a “can do” attitude is essential.
- Excellent timekeeping, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Must work well as part of a team and independently.
- Communicate clearly and competently with the owners, the manager and estate staff.
- Must be able to use own initiative and carry out tasks unsupervised.
- To take pride in your work whilst able to remain neat and tidy doing so.
- Discretion is required at all times and a respectful attitude towards principals and property is necessary.
- A full driving license is required.
RATE: Up to £30,000 DOE
JOB No: EC27585
If this Estate Worker vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Mark Read on 01233 733510 or email@example.com.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Estate Worker vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Estate Worker vacancy will have been unsuccessful.
You must sign in to apply for this position.