Assistant Gardener with Experience and Motivation required
The Assistant Gardener will work with, and report to, the Head Gardener in a team of three.
The garden is +/- 5 acres in a 41 acre estate.
The garden, in a mature setting with stunning views, was created by a professional landscapist, whose place of residence is on site: she continues to take interest in furthering its design.
It is a garden for all seasons where structure predominates. Specimen trees show contrasting bark and foliage. A marble ‘Pan’ plays to a pond with boulders and boulder-shaped evergreens. Versailles planters with standard topiaries line a rill. A stumpery leads to the orchard’s carpet of daffodils and later a wave of white hydrangeas.
There is scope for the Asst Gardener to participate in the creation of the planned new “rooms” and to develop knowledge of unusual plants.
- Undertake the whole range of gardening tasks from maintenance (weeding, mulching, pruning, hedge cutting, etc) to planting
- Maintain and develop the garden to an exceptionally high standard
- Use of a wide range of tools and machinery
- Check the irrigation system and ensure required levels of watering according to the seasons
- Maintain the pond (plants etc)
- Professional, willing attitude and keenness to learn
- Self-motivated and driven with ability to work well both alone and within a team
- Keen eye for detail
- Willing to work outside in all weathers
- Able to deliver at a good pace on physically demanding tasks
This private advert is being managed directly by the employer. English Country Gardeners are not involved in the hiring process and are therefore unable to share any additional information on this role. If you have any questions regarding this position, the best course of action is to apply for the job which will open a line of communication with the employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.