Assistant Gardener required
An opportunity has arisen for an individual to marry gardening skills with conservation disciplines within a beautiful private estate in the Thames Valley near Marlow.
The garden is set in 5 acres, with traditional formal areas, New European style perennial borders, informal wildflower meadows, a kitchen garden and glass houses.
This is a chance for someone wishing to gain hands on experience as part of a small team, working under the guidance of the Head Gardener.
This role will suit a recent graduate (or an individual currently studying) who is enthusiastic, hardworking and looking to develop their horticultural skills.
In addition, the role would encompass involvement in the running and development of a 400 acre farm, comprising existing water meadows, native woodlands and chalk wildflower meadows which are closely managed for habitat conservation. The estate benefits from the services of various Specialist Conservation Bodies to ensure that habitat improvement continues at optimum level.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
- Enthusiasm and a desire to develop horticultural knowledge and skills
- A genuine interest in Wildlife and Countryside Conservation
- A physically fit person essential, to carry out full gardening jobs.
- A respect and sensitivity to the welfare needs of animals – dogs, sheep, chickens and wild birds
- This is a broad-spectrum position demanding work in all weathers; a liking for the outdoor life is therefore essential.
- A knowledge of plant identification, plant husbandry and all-round gardening skills to RHS Level 2 Standard plus.
- Driving licence would be helpful
Valid spraying certificate and chainsaw licence would also be advantageous.
The position comes with a good salary reflective of candidate’s abilities and experience level.
Free accommodation of a small self-contained flat on the farm provided.
28 days paid annual holiday entitlement and statutory sick pay benefits apply.
CV’s are welcomed from interested parties. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must sign in to apply for this position.